Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just Words


On the morning of 2nd Oct , I was coming back from Delhi Airport and passed nearby Rajghat which made me think that today there will be complete rush of big political class in this place. Our politicians will come on luxurious cars guarded by our brave NSG. Visiting Rajghat will never serve the purpose to celebrate his birthday. Better way to celebrate is to visit the village and try to solve their problems.


Finally ended this critic thought cycle and drove towards Gurudwara Banglasaheb , famous gurudwara in delhi. I was lucky to start my day hearing the powerful words of ardas. In gurudwara I observed people rushing for parshad as if some god is distributing blessings in physical. God bless us with good deeds done in life instead of just taking parshad. We all misbehave, disrespect our fellow human beings which is same as hurting the god. Gurugranth sahib clearly states that the purpose of langar(parshad) is to serve every hungry human being. Do we really follow the ideals stated in Gurugranth sahib. I thought better leave it...........
In Evening , I saw discussion happening on news channel that there should be no public holiday on Gandhiji's Birthday. I am quite surprised that Indians have got this thought after 160 years of his birthday. Treating his birthday as public holiday is still fair enough but we must serve the purpose to make our nation a better one.We must take some initiative to spread the importance of education in illiterate society. Even the news channel were just making TRP's out of it(atleast doing their job). Politicians were using this forum to generate more populism(May be part of job). I thought what I was doing whole day , I thought Improvement starts with 'I'. I was watching TV and waiting for cricket match to start.


I think whether its me, media or society , we just use words and writings to serve the purpose of society. We are surely going to suffer the brunt of lazy time pass on holidays. We may be passout of IIT or IIM's .........what matters most is our actions not just knowledge.I have decided not to wait for date 2nd Oct , 2010  to come and start something instead I will use every public holiday to do something good for my society and nation. At the end , I would like to thank gandhiji for his contribution by making world a better place. Hope I carryon with my vision and focus.


Jai Hind......