Saturday, November 7, 2009

Selflessness


" Khudi ko kar buland itna, Ke har takdeer se pehle
Khuda bande se khud pooche,Bata teri raza kya hai "

This is the Urdu couplet written by famous poet Muhammad Iqbal.He used the word 'Khudi' to mean selflessness- less concern for yourself but work for welfare of society.To summarize he meant that Human being should raise itself to level of selflessness so that before the creation of destiny God will ask the human being for opinion.


In History , Indian society has been completely selfish due to lack of growth,money etc.We were more of starved society but now the time has changed a lot.The big question which comes into my mind is whether we Indians has changed a bit?
Indians are more educated , sensitive and rich economy but with most poor people.We have proven the 80-20 formula with great respect because country's most money lies with 20% of rich citizens.Our expectation of any contribution from rich class will be a big waste.Rich can never understand the pain of middle class and poor.Middle class who has risen from the poor class can still really do something to change our country but our educated middle class is so busy on creating & solving their own problems.Most of the problems of our new generation are due to ego.Our young generation is more prosperous in education,career & love also.
I really feel proud and great to see young couples falling in love but the most painful part is they pass most day time talking on phone.I have seen most love birds discussing their lunch and dinner menu on Phone.The more the time they spend talking on phone greater are the chances of their creating ego issues.During these long gossips on phone they give birth to great relationship breaking moments.Personally , I have never been in affair with any girl till now but I do understand the meaning of love.Nowhere , I see the meaning of love means following each other on phone.
Love is more about becoming support and reflection of each other by heart.We are blessed by god to become Doctors,MBA,CA's etc but also solve the problems in society.Human being is sent by god for this mission not just  passing out our day in discussing expectations,love & relationships.Before expecting any blessings from god , we must also work for the mission for which we are born.I think , being in love is an awesome but we also have few bigger problems to solve for the betterment of society.Love can bring lot of confidence in our life to solve those problems of society but our young couples are more busy in creating & solving their own love issues.Hope I can walk the talk when I get married.Please God bless..............
Please do fall in Love , because its beautiful.Don't make fuss of petty ego issues because issues in society are much more bigger than them. Better spend that energy & time for welfare of society.


Cheers!!
Gaurav Lakhani



5 comments:

Yagnesh Champaneria said...

Absolutely true !! I am agree with your thinking... it's motivational, will think & act over it.

joy said...

nice right up Gaurav...well organised...
to talk up the rightup...I got a bit lost when ur topic shifted from indian culture n economin condition n poor growth n slefishness, suddenly to all about love... I mean when started reading, was expecting more of moral values and initiatives of young generation to build up a better nation...but as kept reading...got diverted from that motive and shifted to falling n love.....though transition was fantastic but then heading should hv been more descriptive to set reader's mind frame :-)

Now about your thoughts...very well said that we should fall in love coz it brings sense of responsibility but somehow I dun agree with the talking of phone thing...I guess its just to minimise the distance, ppl talk so long...could be beneficial at time coz only thats the medium left to knw each other better....more u talk, more u know n its up to individual to make a fuss abt it or not.
So its very true that love is more about heart n passion but when distance comes in picture..phone seems to be a blessing to ignore the distance :-)

Overall..enjoyed reading it :)
way to go

Unknown said...

Well i liked the theme u have touched. But you should you stuck to the topic "selflessness" instead of diverting the reader's attention towards love. You should have defend your opinion by bringing some more interesting examples.

Love can't only be the reason for the neglegence in social's wellfare. There are many other reasons for that for example the busy life we all are living, the lacking motivation, dependence on other people, family problems, money, our government policies etc...

Dear Mate, love is god's gift to us. Its just a part of our life. It would not be okay to say to kill our that part for the welfare of something else. Actually we people are meant to love, to love our family, to love our life partner and also to love our society.

Phone call's is just a method to overcome the distance between the loving birds.

Love shouldn't be seen as a hindrance but as a motivation

Cheers

Karan Chanana from Germany

Gaurav Lakhani said...

@Joy & @Karan

I agree that Phone calls are solution to distance btw. love birds but I wanted to stress towards the problems we create in love....Couples keep sharing demands and expectations after falling in love which in turn create issues, which I believe also needs to be solved but we need not make these issues as fuss.....because We need to enjoy love and life not expectation and demands.As a young generation , most couples are becoming so busy in creating & solving these issues that real mission of life is nowhere.......I just wanted to take phone as an example.

Anonymous said...

Well said and trigerred quite a lot of thought process ....

Keep up the good work!!

Best
Prince Sunny